Corner Your Market is a strategic marketing consulting and coaching firm based in Langley, BC and serving clients across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and across Canada. We partner with Duct Tape Marketing to deliver proven small business marketing systems and HubSpot as a Certified Partner to provide inbound marketing systems supported by integrated marketing software.
Have You Skipped the First Step in Marketing?
Like many business owners, you may feel like your marketing is broken. You’ve spent time and money on various marketing tactics, but nothing seems to work. You’re still competing on price, spending too much time selling, not working with your ideal customers, and not bringing in the consistent leads you need to grow your business.
If your marketing isn’t working, it’s likely because you’re skipping over the critical first step in marketing and treating marketing as a series of one-off events instead of the core strategy and business system it really is. By taking the first step in marketing, you’ll be putting in place the strategy, foundation, and infrastructure that is necessary before any marketing tactics will ever work. This is the first step in marketing that many businesses often skip, but is the missing piece they’ve been looking for in their quest to target the right customers, generate consistent leads, and convert these leads into happy customers who will refer them over and over.
Take the First Step in Marketing with a Small Business Marketing System
We collaborate with you to grow your business more quickly, consistently and efficiently by installing Marketing Systems. A marketing system includes all the planning, strategy and business processes that need to be in place before any marketing tactics will ever work. If you own a small or medium sized company and are an expert in your business, but have no internal marketing expertise to draw on, we can help. Our marketing systems include:
- Duct Tape Marketing Catalyst – A complete small business marketing system
- Total Online Presence – A complete online marketing system for small businesses
- Inbound Marketing System – Amplify your total online presence with HubSpot marketing automation software
Why Your Outsourced Marketing Options are Confusing
Many small & medium sized businesses need professional marketing support, but they don’t need (or cannot afford) the full time services of an in-house marketing team.
But when it comes to finding outside marketing support, the options can be confusing. This is because most marketing agencies focus on providing specific tactics (like graphic design, web design, SEO, social media or advertising) to larger companies with a marketing infrastructure and resources already in place. But for businesses like yours, without a marketing plan or system in place, these tactics simply won’t work and you’ll simply be wasting your time and money. It’s like buying Microsoft Word but not the Windows Operating System.
What you first need is the operating system. A marketing strategy to identify your ideal customers and core difference, and a marketing system that includes the foundational tools and processes to create a powerful marketing infrastructure.
This is Where Corner Your Market can Help
Corner Your Market is not a marketing services company, graphic design firm or creative agency. As an Authorized Duct Tape Marketing Consultant, we work one-on-one with business owners as a coach and consultant.
Corner Your Market fills an important gap by helping business owners (without a marketing team in place) create a strong marketing foundation (marketing plan + marketing system) en par with their larger competitors.
This marketing foundation (marketing plan + marketing system) is the missing piece small business owners have been looking for in their quest to target the right customers, generate consistent leads, and convert these leads into happy customers who will refer them over and over.
Our Difference and Benefits
- Authorized Duct Tape Marketing Consultant: As an Authorized Duct Tape Marketing Consultant, you don’t just gain access to Nicole’s more than 12 years of strategic marketing experience, but the experiences of an entire network of more than 60 business consultants world-wide. You also gain access to the proven, systems, methodologies and tools developed by leading small business marketing experts.
- HubSpot Certified Partner: Many companies aspire to installing an effective inbound marketing and marketing and marketing automation system. In reality, these systems are complex and time consuming to set up, requiring significant upfront strategic thought and planning, and consideration of internal marketing and sales processes. As a Certified HubSpot Partner, Nicole Croizier is trained in inbound marketing and marketing best practices, as well as the process to install your HubSpot system and integrate it with your other marketing tools and website.
- A Business Consulting vs. Marketing Agency Approach: Corner Your Market is not a marketing company, graphic design firm or creative agency. As an Authorized Duct Tape Marketing Consultant, Corner Your Market founder Nicole Croizier works one-on-one with business owners as a coach and consultant. We don’t provide you with a website or a brochure package (but we will certainly advise you and connect you with the right people), instead we guide you in the process of evaluating your business, your customers, your competition, your goals, and the way you and your staff work. Then, we work with you to create a smart marketing system to help you meet your overall business goals. We’re the first step in marketing that many smaller and new businesses often skip as they get distracted by the more flashy marketing objects like websites, Facebook pages, tradeshows and expensive ads.
- Focus on Strategy Before Tactics: Most marketing agencies provide tactical marketing support (graphic/web design, SEO, social media, branding) to larger companies that already have a Marketing Director and team in place to create their marketing plan and set up their marketing system. Corner Your Market fills an important gap by helping small business owners (without a marketing team in place) create a strong marketing foundation (marketing plan + marketing system) en par with their larger competitors. This marketing foundation (marketing plan + marketing system) is the missing piece small business owners have been looking for in their quest to target the right customers, generate consistent leads, and convert these leads into happy customers who will refer them over and over.
- Treat Marketing as a System Just Like Any Other Business Process: You have systems for accounting, HR and shipping. Like any effective aspect of your business, marketing is a system too, arguably your most important business system. A Smart Marketing System is all the planning, strategy, and business processes that need to be in place before any of your marketing tactics will ever work. It’s the blueprint for faster and more consistent business growth, and attracting the right customers who become raving fans that will refer you again and again. There is no more guesswork – and you gain the confidence and clarity to make the right marketing decisions to move your business forward.
- Automated Marketing Systems: Face it, you’re busy. That’s why our system automates as many marketing systems as possible – designed to create a predictable and consistent stream of leads and referrals.
- Better Lead Conversion: A common mistake is trying to move customers directly from knowing you (seeing an ad) to buying from you. But prospects need to know, like and trust you before they will buy. Our content marketing system will move them along this path, and greatly improve your conversion rate.
- Collaborative Consulting Approach: One of our unique differentiators is that we use a collaborative consulting vs. a “go away and do it for you” approach. We strongly believe that as the business owner, you are a valuable resource – you know your business, and are a wealth of knowledge and insight. It is our job to tap that insight. By really getting to know you and working with you over a period of time, we will gain a much stronger understanding of your business, and most importantly how you operate. In the end, this collaboration will create a marketing plan and system that will truly work for you and the way you do business. It’s a marketing system that you will actually use, vs. a marketing plan that sits on the shelf gathering dust. For our collaborative consulting approach to be successful, the business owner has to approach the project as a partnership, be open to new ideas, and willing to share their own insights and experiences. It also requires a time commitment on the part of the business owner.
- Take the Mystery Out of the New Rules of Marketing: It wasn’t that long ago that every business realized they needed a website to succeed. And now today, you need more than a website – you need a total online presence. With online technology changing at the speed of light and a new social media site that “will change the face of business” popping up every day, marketing your business is more confusing than ever. We won’t promise you a secret SEO formula that will get you to the top of Google or give you access to the one social media site that will make or break your business (because these just don’t exist) – what we will do is integrate your total online presence into your overall marketing system. Online marketing will no longer be a mystery as you realize that it’s simply about creating a system to educate your customers online and get them to call you when you’re ready to buy. And all those new social media pages are simply new vehicles to amplify your educational content and reach your customers. Most importantly, we help you integrate online marketing into you marketing overall.